Victorian Challenge 2012, gauntlet is thrown


Laura over at Laura's Reviews, who hosted the fab All About the Brontës Challenge in 2010, has come up with another great challenge: all things Victorian! Two to six (or more) items, and a whole year in which to do so, brilliant.

I've been meaning to read some more Victoriana other than the Brontës, so this is a great opportunity. I did go ever so slightly (*cough*) overboard with the Brontës, so I'm not going to be quite as crazy with this. I'm thinking one a month. That should work, surely? Exactly what I'll read and when, I've not decided yet, but I'll plonk it on this post when I have. :)

  1. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
  2. Stuff by Elizabeth Gaskell
  3. Stuff by Charles Dickens
  4. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
  5. Treasure Island and/or Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
  6. Possibly something by Jules Verne and/or H.G. Wells
  7. Some of those novels related to Jane Eyre that I've picked up as eBooks

And here's what I've actually done so far and posted:


  1. Dracula by Bram Stoker (1897) 
  2. Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll (1865)
  3. Coming soon! 

If you want to find out more or to sign up, please visit Laura's Reviews: Victorian Challenge 2012.

Comments

  1. Great list! I loved your reviews for The All About the Brontes Challenge and I can't wait to see what you come up with this year for the Victorian Challenge.

    I was also just thinking about H.G. Wells and how I would really like to read something by him this year. We'll have to see what I can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Dickens Season on BBC at the moment, which is a good place to start. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV