A tribute to MTV Deutschland

Back in the day, for some reason, the music channel we received at home (in Sweden) was MTV Germany. I rather enjoyed this channel. Not that I ever saw any Modern Talking on it (admittedly the reason for watching), aside from a few commercials, but it didn't matter. There was a lot of music and bands that I'd never heard of before but whose music I really enjoyed. Here's a random sample of songs I remember from those days:



The next song is the theme from a film I quite like, Anatomie. Not the last time in this post you'll come across Xavier Naidoo either.



While we're on the subject, this is another great song from that film, sung by the woman who played the character of Gretchen:



To counteract the darkness, something decidedly lighter in tone:



More lightheartedness and the sort of bizarre sense of humour no one outside of Germany probably gets :) (I mean that in a nice way, btw):



Still kind of funny but very punky (I think?):



Technically, this is in English and not German:



To counteract it, here's a mellow R&B type song:



More from Söhne Mannheims feat. Xavier Naidoo:



Bit of reggae now, with "that guy who performed during this year's Eurovision":



Football:



Some doctors with a sense of humour:



From the Astérix film, a ballad my sister really likes:



A song I didn't see on MTV Deutschland, but which is a great song:



Another fantastic song and a good film. Or maybe I'm just distracted by the abs ...:

Comments

  1. Interesting list! Back in the day my friends were into the German punk band Wizo, so I had to bring back Wizo CDs with me from my trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's understandable. Easier and cheaper to buy them in a shop in the country than ordering them from the other side of the world! I bought "Cats" or something in German for my sister when I was there. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV