Richard Armitage, we have a problem

Dear Richard,

You have delighted us much recently by posing for pictures with a beard and then there were those Captain America shots as well and the film opens tomorrow in the US (next Friday in the UK) and you attended the red carpet premiere in Hollywood and everything. Great to see you looking so well and sounding so well too.

I particularly like this one.
(Screencap by RichardArmitageNet.com)

However.

We need to have a talk about that new beard of yours.

At The Hobbit press conference some months ago, we positively tripped over our oestrogene levels seeing you with that majestic facial hair. So riveting! So manly! So goshdarn hot!

I know you're busy playing a fancy dwarf and everything, and as such, you'll have a great beard - even if this one makes you look like Claude Monet has gone caveman:

(Screencap by BccMee)

Just looking at the picture of Thorin with that Anklebiter sword (or whatever it's called) makes me think, "OMG! Hot dwarves!" and that's going to be a very odd film to watch. Them little bearded fellows as sex symbols? Well, that's not exactly what I was expecting ... Not that I'm complaining, though, you look radiant. And scary. If this had been your Guy of Gisborne look, you really would have made skins crawl:

(Photo from TheOneRing.net)

But there is being in chararacter and then there's starting to develop a Santa Claus complex. The beard is getting out of hand and you're starting to resemble one of the blokes who used to empty our bins when I grew up. Uncool, man, uncool. If you want to get started on the grandpa look, shouldn't you at least get married first or something? And have kids? (By the way, you and Heathra looked great together. Just saying!)

(Photo by Heathra, courtesy of RichardArmitageNet.com)

See, I love the way you look at the camera on this photo, but that straying beard hair that goes over your teeth ... it just doesn't work for me, sorry. Please give the beard a trim, darling, preferably like aforementioned Hobbit press conference.

Oh, and let your hair grow a bit. It's too short at the moment, which is also uncool. In fact, I thought it would be a good idea to cut myself a fringe last night. After the first cut, it looked fab. I had a great Romola Garai thing going on there. Like this:

(Nicked Borrowed from Photo Gallery Actress)

But then I thought "oh but it kinda goes into my eyes, I should cut it slightly shorter". And you know what happened? It got a bit uneven, so I had to try and straighten it out and in the end, I looked like Friar Tuck. [Have a look at this if you don't believe me.] And not the cool one who took Gisborne's confession either, put it that way. Is that what happened? You went in for a trim and then you came back going "aaaarghhhh that's WAY too short!! Put it back!! How can I show myself in polite society until it's grown out again"? If that is the case, I sympathise. Truly. If it was a conscious choice ... well, good luck with the bin man look. You're going to need it.

That is all. Love your work!

Yours truly,

/Traxy



(In case it needs clarification (seriously?): This is not an actual letter to Richard Armitage. It's a joke. Well, apart from the bits about "not liking the bushy beard" and "not digging the hair" and the tale of my own godforsaken fringe faux pax, because ... sadly, those are all true. Especially the fringe bit. It needs to grow a good inch before I'll stop looking like I did when I was 11 - the 1993 throwback isn't a great look. *shudders*)

Comments

  1. hahaha... Brilliant! =o)
    Thanks Traxy for writing my thoughts so well. ;)

    I'd love his bin man look too, by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AmeliaWatson: He'll be good-looking regardless. Just ... not so keen on the bin man look. ;)

    Leffe: LOL! Fishy promises he'll never get a beard like that. At least not until he's at least 80 years old, when he might consider it a "distinguished old wizard" look. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Just LOL!!!!

    I thought I was pushing it with the butler and Santa references but you went me one better. Bin men!

    BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Traxy... you always make me laugh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree with you Traxy, Hobbit press conference beard is the perfect beard.

    You know that pic also made me think of Santa? LOL

    OML :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This had me howling! Fantastic post Traxy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha...you are right Traxy!
    With his present look Richard is perfectly safe:)I don't wanna kiss him or even hug him.( O shhh...He may hear this and never shave the bush):D:D HORRIBILE VISU!
    At least he look like middle aged man-dreams come true dear Richard?:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Traxy,
    I hate to admit it but you are so right! I love him any ol' way but trimming the beard would be a very good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Traxy, you're just hilarious, your post was great ! I had a great laugh reading it ! so good ! even if I do not mind if Richard has a beard or not ; ))) as long as we can see his expressive eyes : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, what if this beard thing is all part of his master plan to keep us hoardes of adoring females at bay? :O

    Joanna: Oh, I'd still definitely hug him regardless! Kiss ... well, if I was single and the offer was there ... not like I'd turn it down. ;)

    phylly3: I don't mind the beard being there, I'm just not keen on the bushy bin man look! (Actually, I think the bin man had a shorter beard.)

    Jos2507: Thank you! :) You're quite right, the eyes are the important bits - his cheeks less so!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV