History made horribly hilarious!


Recently, at the British Comedy Awards, there was this kids TV show that won an award for Best Sketch Show! So I decided to check it out. And HOLY MOLY it's AWESOME! Horrible Histories on CBBC! Why is it awesome? Because it's about history and that's always a good thing, and that's just for starters. It's also fun, and very informative while being very playful. It's a history lesson made irresistible. Sure, I already like history as a subject, but this never fails to engage you. And there are songs and everything! And (admittedly) the stars are cute too, and they do sometimes wear cravats! ;) But mainly because it's a hoot to watch. So sit down, and let the history lesson commence!

























They really need to bring out an album with all of their songs! :D

More: Wikipedia, IMDb, Amazon UK, official Horrible Histories website on CBBC

Comments

  1. Wow! You must have them all here. LOL! I just got this series of books for our school library, but I can see that I should be showing the kids these clips too!
    Love this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah, you'd think! There's even more of them on YouTube, but I picked a mere handful. :) (And even removed a couple before posting!) There was just so much to choose from!

    I've not read the books, but if they're anything like this, they're bound to be brilliant. (Well, this show is based on them, to be fair!) There was a cartoon made of the show as well a few years ago, but this live action one is the most recent incarnation. Ordered series one on DVD last night, so I'll grab all the songs off it, put it on a CD and listen to it in the car. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV