Justin Bieber has NOT made me a Belieber

There are fans of someone, and then there are the so-called "Beliebers" (*gag*), who are so obnoxious on there that Twitter seems to have banned "Justin Bieber" from trending. Ways around it? Certainly. Weapon of choice at the moment is "Derek Bieber". Guessing Derek is the poor lad's middle name or something, but to be honest, I don't care.

Aww, he wuvs his fans!
...I think I need to puke.

Justin Bieber might be able to play different instruments and he might even sing (I can't even remember if I've ever heard him sing - which would mean his songs aren't exactly memorable), and he might be donating $1 for every concert ticket sold to charity. (Which leaves, what, $49 for his record label?) He might be an all around decent young man. But that's just the thing. He's a super-hyped-up teenager who looks exactly the same in all photos. Yes, I checked - had to locate the image above, right? He has two expressions. The one above is one of them. The other is him with his mouth closed.

I just don't get what's so special about him, I really don't. But then again, that could be said about anything or anyone. What's so special about Richard Armitage? As fans, we can wax lyrical about him for HOURS, but to someone who isn't a fan, he's just another actor. I wouldn't class the Armitage Army as obnoxious as the Beliebers, though. We don't deliberately try to get RA trending each and every day and have no life outside of our fandom.

Then again, the mean age of RA's admirers are at least twice that of the Beliebers. That might have something to do with it. ;)

Should any of the hoardes of these Beliebers come across this post and start a hate campaign against me (hey li'l kids, BRING IT ON! :D), I haven't once said that I hate the boy. Don't know him, don't wish to. I just don't get what his appeal is to all of you lot who are going berserk everywhere, particularly on Twitter, with your extreme, hyperactive fangirling. I do, however, find you, his loyal followers, incredibly annoying.

Just imagine what would happen if Justin Bieber joined the cast of Twilight. Twitter would explode. TWO extreme, hyperactive and annoying fandoms joined together. A lot of them are probably intertwined already, actually. They both appeal to the teenage girl market. Although I must say, it sounds a lot healthier to have a thing for the Bieb rather than Sparkles the controlling and abusive so-called vampire ... Every cloud has a silver lining, right?

Comments

  1. Oh imagine the horror. twilight is such utter execrable nonsense for young girls that it made me want to scream when an ad for it came on before Harry Potter the other night.

    Bieber is just...well...I think he himself is bland but then I could be his mum so I would hope I wouldn't find him attractive. It's the fans of both seem to have taken to extreme the defense of your object of affection.

    Mind I've seen some real Richard on a pedastal posts in my time so i don't think we're completely innocent. I guess there are fans in every fandom who have blinkers on..my person is without fault, should have had a better role, etc. It's just the Twilight.Bieber peeps are mostly younger so have more of a tendency to be less able of balance. Still bloody annoying though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that should say their not your object of affection by the way. Duh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh absolutely, there are rabid fans in EVERY fandom, but the RA fandom doesn't seem to be DEFINED by them. You can be an RA fan without being a complete nutcase, but both the Twihards (I prefer "Twitards") and the Beliebers as a group are known to be ... well, if not "raving lunatics" than at least "very, very, nay EXTREMELY dedicated".

    I've never been much for boys anyway, so even if I was a teenager, Bieber wouldn't hold much appeal. Maybe if he was 20 years older. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked Harrison Ford when I was a teenager. Indiana Jones...yum

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank god for Rickmaniacs :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny thing, I was thinking about doing a Bieber post too! LOLs!
    I hadn't heard of the Beliebers -- that is funny! But no worse than an Armitage Army.
    I haven't had any contact with Bieber fans (other than 2 people) who were going to be the object of my post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha! I am extremely irritated by JB as well. Loved this post.

    I think that we RA fans should all get on Twitter and spam his name over and over again! :P Not that I ever GET on Twitter.

    And speak for yourself! *I* have no life outside of my fandom! Just kidding.

    One last thing, I think that we RA fans are better justified in their adoration.
    1. Richard had a flippin' PERSONALTY.
    2. Richard isn't some teen kid who has yet to go through puberty.
    3. Richard is a MAN.
    4. Richard doesn't pretend he can sing.

    whoops. That may have sounded rant-y! Sorry!

    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  8. hedgeypig: Michael Douglas ... when I was about 8-9. He's a handsome devil in Romancing the Stone!

    Leffe: Amen to that!

    Phylly3: Haha, "great minds think alike" as they say! :D Hope you'll do the post - curious to see what it would be about ... more than JB. :)

    VABookworm87: Thank you kindly, madam! :D

    Lady Rose: You make excellent points! However, wouldn't that make us sound just as obnoxious as the Beliebers? ;) (I don't mind rants. I often end up ranting myself, as you may have noticed! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hm, good point...uh...
    Let's just fight fire with fire! xD

    P.S. I just had to say this, because it made me laugh...
    The word verification that I'm getting is...
    'Condom'
    I'm not sure what to think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe it's a reminder so that you won't have kids that either turn out to be raving fangirls, or Justin Bieber! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV