Don't mention the war!

DSCF4846
James Stewart's uniform


On the way back from the airport, where we picked up my parents, we stopped by at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford. Lots of hangers with planes of all kinds. There's also an exhibition of an operations room from the 1940s, and you can walk through a Concorde and everything. A Concorde is smaller than I thought it was going to be and very claustrophobic! All in all, a good day out. Saw a piece of the Tirpitz warship, a midget submarine and lots and lots of airplanes. Oh, and actor James Stewart's uniform, because he used to be in the US Air Force! :)

Here are some piccies from the day:



As my folks are over from Sweden for a week or so, I have prepared some posts to be posted during that time. Won't be able to answer any comments until they've gone back home, as I'd like to spend some time with them. Might pop in and show some pictures of what we're up to, though, if I have the time. :)

Comments

  1. Hey, I've seen Stewart's uniform. It's normally at the Stewart Museum, along with his booth from Chasen's and a photo of his Oscar from when it sat in the front window at his dad's hardware store. If they have his Oscar it's never been on display when I've been there (normally to see "It's A Wonderful Life" around Christmas).

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be one of many - have no idea! What a place to display your Oscar, eh? In a hardware store! Heh, maybe if I ever won an Oscar, I should let my mum put it in the window of her crafting store? ;D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV