Eurovision - did the right song win?

Just about to head off to bed after having seen the biggest international music spectacle this side of the Atlantic Ocean. Sweden came third and United Kingdom didn't come last. A good result overall, I feel.


Might make a post about it more in detail at some other point. Meanwhile, Azerbaijan won. Do you agree with that result? Was it your favourite song? Wasn't mine. I can't even remember how it went now!

After every Eurovision Song Contest, the question asked in Swedish newspapers is: "Did the right song win?" So, I'm asking you, dear Reader. Did the right song win?

In my opinion, no. Of the top three, Sweden should've won. Not just because I'm Swedish, but because I enjoyed the song. It was catchy and it's still in my head! Also really enjoyed Denmark and Romania. Adding to those of the songs I'll go download at some point are Spain, Iceland and Bosnia Herzegovina. Hey, even Jedward's song wasn't that bad! ... If you disregard Jedward, that is. Would've been funny if they had won.

They're no Richard & Judy.
Oh, wait. Yes. Yes, they are.

One of the best things of the evening, aside from Graham Norton's snarky commentary, was following the events unfurl on Twitter. Richard Madeley (@richardm56) was a hoot together with wife Judy, who seemed to have had a catchphrase of saying that people weren't [someone else]. Such as "Judy on Israel's judge. 'He's no Dale Winton.'" Fun night! Now I'm off to bed!

Comments

  1. No I dont think that the best song won. It was okay, but no I cant recall it now either.

    I think that Denmark should have won - partly because I am danish, but also because I really thought that we had a FANTASTIC song this year. Sweden was also good and Finland was sweet.

    Sadly I didnt see the whole show (I was to a great concert with Thomas Ring), but I have watch the semifinals, where I chatted with Alexander Rybak (Norway 2009) and got a respons:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Denmark had a GREAT song. After watching Thursday's semi-final, both the hubby and I looked at each other and said "that's a winner". Such a shame it didn't do better!

    Thrilled that Finland made it into the final AND that they didn't come last. :) Haven't heard the Norwegian song, as we didn't watch the Tuesday semi-final, but Fairytale in 2009 was fantastic. (I remember when Åsa Jinder played on Nocturne, which made Norway win. Sweden's response was to say she had betrayed her country! ... Sweden takes Eurovision just a taaaaad bit too serious!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have liked Sweden to win, as I have a very good friend in the Northern part of it, and it would have made my mom's new man (he's from Sweden) really pissed. Plus, a catchy song too :)
    I'm glad my country (Estonia) made it to the final, but too bad we came second from the bottom.
    Eurovision has lost its primary feeling for us, being a small nation, but part of the great Europe etc. But it's 10 years since our victory, and I still think our fairytale clips about the countries are still the best ones ever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Surprised how low down Estonia came, because it was supposedly a favourite to win! It's one of the three songs I can still remember anything of the actual song (the others being Sweden and Ireland). I liked Estonia's song but I kept waiting for it to kick off, and it never really did. (Nelly Furtado's fotball anthem has a similar problem. At least I think that's the song. it sounds as if it's building up and building up and then ... goes nowhere. Disappointing.)

    I'm glad Sweden made it to the final. If not, outraged Swedes would probably have declared war on the rest of Europe! You should've seen last year's headlines when they didn't go through ... *shakes head* Crazy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV