Friday news and gossip roundup

The Squeee does Heat magazine or something but without stalker-y paparazzi photos. Erm, maybe with the exception of the one below, which I borrowed from the Mirror.

Geraldine Granger and Harry Kennedy would of course live happily ever after, but in real life, news recently broke that Dawn French and her squeeze, comedian Lenny Henry, have split up after 25 years of marriage. Amicable split, apparently, which is nice. None of that mud-slinging à la Katie Price and Peter Andre in the tabloids then, one hopes.
Read more: Comedians Lenny Henry and Dawn French separate (BBC)

Speaking of Peter Andre, he seems like a pretty decent bloke, actually. The little I've seen him actually say something on TV. He has come across as a friendly, caring sort of person. His ex wife... ugh. Less said on that subject the better.

Geriatric Geordie cat attacks three postmen and gets owner's mail suspended because of it. Aww, bless him. Tiger makes an appearance on BBC's morning show, and doesn't seem very attack-prone there. If you're a 19-year-old cat, chasing some postmen is probably good for digestion. And livens up the day a bit. Amazing that he manages to fit it in, considering he's only awake about four hours a day...
Read/see more: Leeds postal workers boycott house over cat attacks (BBC)

Oh, and apparently, J.K. Rowling is apparently writing on something new. She's not ready to reveal what yet, but it's nice to hear she's working on something. Wondering what it is. I think she said at some point that she'd like to write a crime drama. Could that be it? We'll have to wait and see, I suppose.

And today, while waiting for the train back from work (I now work full time - three days in one place, two days in another - for the next few weeks, then I go full-time at the three-day place instead), I had an idea for a book. A good idea. An idea I've sort of had in the past, but not in the same way. Now it was a proper idea, not just a loose and flimsy concept. Just need to do some more thinking and some research and stuff, and work out the middle bit (sort of know the start and the ending) and how things fit together. Still, it's exciting and it just might work! :D

Have a nice weekend!

Comments

  1. I was very sad to hear about Dawn & Lenny...but it's nice to hear that it was as amicable as divorce can be...
    I enjoyed her book "Dear Fatty" and recommend it as a good read. And she does discuss/rate the different men she has kissed including Mr. Armitage...she called him shy and tender if I remember correctly...*squee*
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I am sorry to hear about Dawn & her husband, but I am glad to hear they seem to be splitting on as good a terms a possible. And seriously, the cat story cracked me up. One of my cats is going to be 16 in July and is in quite good shape but he wouldn't dream of attacking a postman...just trying to imagine a housecat causing a boycott. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sad to hear about any divorce let alone one after 25 years! And LOL about the cat story!
    @Tyme_4_t
    I would like to read Dawn French's book -- "shy and tender" describing RA and kissing...! I feel faint just thinking about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. RA being a shy and tender kisser... sounds just about right, doesn't it? Haww. My knees seem to turn to goo at the mere thought. *dreamy sigh*

    It's a shame they're splitting up, especially after such a long time - I mean, you'd think it would last after that sort of time, really. Didn't even know they were a couple until quite recently! (Have known for longer that Jennifer Saunders is married to Adrian Edmondson, but that's probably down to being more of a Rik & Ade fan than a Lenny Henry fan - don't think I had even heard of LH while I was still living in Sweden!)

    My cat wouldn't attack a postman either. She might meow at one from the other side of the door, but that's about it. Unless she would just decide to run the other way, of course. :) Isn't it funny that if it's a dog attacking someone, they're a "danger" and a "menace" and might need putting down. If it's a cat, it's "aww, isn't that quirky?" - And that's why we'd let cats get away with trying to take over the world! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to live in fear that JK Rowling would get run over by a bus or something before she could finish the HP series. I'm so glad I don't have to worry about that any more, but I would happily read anything else she published.

    Although I think her career has peaked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ifbyyes: I think you're probably right about having peaked. The expectations on anything new she produces are going to be sky high and that will be hard to live up to. I'd love to read more of her work, and I'd especially love a big book detailing more about the world of Harry Potter. :) But again, that would be keeping with the Potterverse rather than something new.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV