FanstRAvaganza 4 is coming!

For three years, a bunch of bloggers have set aside a week in March to blog about Richard Armitage in an event we call FanstRAvaganza. For me, it normally works out as having an idea and then getting in completely over my head. So this year, true to form, I've gone in off the deep end and I haven't even brought a swimming cozzie. Because I said I'd organise it. Waaaahhh!

If you're interested in taking part, feel free to fill out this form to let me know. Don't worry, it's not an RSVP or anything, it's just a way of expressing an interest, even if it might not appear that way. If you change your mind later and don't want to do it, it's fine, honest. It's just to give me a general idea of what people want of “F4“ and if it's going to attract 5, 50 or 500 people. 500 is a bit pie-in-the-sky, admittedly, but just in case. Better to be aware of that now than in mid-March.

The main idea for this year is to simplify for everyone, sort of. How much and how often you want to post will be up to you. Topic(s) is for you to decide as well, but y'know, Richard Armitage related. I'll post more as it gets figured out, basically, which should be before the end of January if I wish to remain sane come March ...

"March?" snickers Thorin. "You've already proven yourself
insane by accepting to organise this event in the first place."

If you have any ideas on format or anything else, feel free to drop me a comment here, on Twitter (@TheSqueee, three E:s), Facebook (Traxy Thornfield), or email (blog at traxy.co.uk). You could give telepathy a go as well if you'd like, but I can't guarantee you'll get through the static! ;) I'll have a look through the questions that have come through the form already and respond in the week. (I'm writing this post on a tablet and it's kinda slow and arduous to do any serious writing.)

The annual FanstRAvaganza is a way for us Richard Armitage fans to connect, share our enthusiasm for Richard Armitage and the many ways he inspires us. Anyone with a blog can participate, and it doesn't matter if your blog's usual topic is Richard Armitage or not. The Squeee has never been a blog purely about Richard Armitage, for instance, so if you fanblog about him exclusively or not at all doesn't really matter - as long as you're a fellow fan, you are more than welcome to join in. :)

P.S. If you DON'T blog but would like to join in somehow anyway, The Squeee is always open for guest posters. :)

Comments

  1. Yay Traxy!!
    Thanks so much for taking this on! I predict that this year is going to be HUGE! I am definitely in for this year. Not sure how many posts I can commit to just yet. I will answer your quiz too - Great idea, btw!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome, thanks! :D Just the one post will do, if you want. No pressure!

      Delete
  2. Ooo, I gotsta get one of those little Thorins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one I got is the 3" version, which I think was just under £4. There's a 6" version too, which I'm now wishing I'd got - it was only £1 more!

      Delete
  3. I'd LOVE to participate.
    I LOVE RA, but I'm brand new at "blogging". Can you give me any tips for this particular 2013 FanstRAvaganza??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's completely up to you what you want to do if you participate, which I hope you do!

      You can write one or more posts about RA or the roles he's played over the years, but if it's a text or an image or a song lyric or a fan video or a drawing/painting or anything like that is up to you. :)

      A list of the sort of stuff I've done before is here: http://www.thesqueee.co.uk/search/label/FanstRAvaganza - or click "FanstRAvaganza" under "SPECIAL FEATURES" on the right hand side.

      Delete
  4. Hey there! I'm not a blogger but I would love to contribute with some fanart, would that be possible or is it just written posts you're looking for? :)
    Thanks and good luck this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, it doesn't have to just be text posts. Fanart is perfectly fine. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV