Musical Interlude: Can't Keep It In

Apparently, I haven't done a Musical Interlude since August 2010?! That can't be right. I'm sure I've posted music videos since then. o.O

Anyway, I just wanted to share an awesome old song again. This time, it's Cat Stevens: Can't Keep It In from 1972. It just makes me happy, in much the same way that bricks don't. Also: SO MUCH GREAT MUSIC CAME OUT OF THE SEVENTIES!!!



Oh I can't keep it in, I can't keep it in, I've gotta let it out.
I've got to show the world, world's got to see, see all the love
love that's in me. I said, why walk alone, why worry when it's
warm over here. You've got so much to say, say what you mean,
mean what you're thinking, and think anything.

Oh why, why must you waste you're life away,
you've got to live for today, then let it go
Oh, lover, I want to spend this time with you,
there's nothing I wouldn't do, If you let me know.

And I can't keep it in, I can't hide it and I can't lock it away.
I'm up for your love, love heats my blood,
blood spins my head, and my head falls in love, oh.

No, I can't keep it in, I can't keep it in, I've gotta let it out.
I've gotta show the world, world's got to know,
know of the love, love that lies low, so

Why can't you say, If you know, then why can't you say.
You've got too much deceit, deceit kills the light,
light needs to shine, I said shine light , shine light.

Love, That's no way to live your life,
you allow too much to go by, and that won't do.
No, lover. I want to have you here by my side
Now don't you run, don't you hide, while I'm with you.

'N I can't keep it in, I can't keep it in, I've gotta let it out.
I've got to show the world, world's got to see, see all the love
love that's in me. I said, why walk alone, why worry when it's
warm over here. You've got so much to say, say what you mean,
mean what you're thinking, and think anything. Why not?
Now why why why not?

Comments

  1. This might be my favourite Cat Stevens song! I included it on my Valentine's Day post a couple of years ago.
    You should do more musical posts! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have another two lined up, actually! :D Check back next Saturday, and the one after that, for a couple of Swedish crackers. Need to think of more songs to post to make it a regular feature.

      I heard the song on the radio when we were driving somewhere recently, and decided it was a must-have. Such a great song! Haven't dared trying to sing it yet, because it sounds like it would be quite a challenge. There are some accoustic covers people have done on YouTube. This guy even has a similar voice to Cat Stevens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1TzTIUdS2I

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV