The X-Files sequel? Frank Spotnitz wants one!

From Screen Daily through Dread Central, we learn that Frank Spotnitz would love to see more of The X-Files. Wouldn't we all?

Well, okay, I would!

Quoth the man:

There is a very active and relentless fan campaign for a last movie. I do feel like it would be a terrible shame if that didn’t happen. It feels wrong not to give it an ending around the alien colonisation of earth. David [Duchovny] and Gillian [Anderson] feel the same. I have a clear idea of how it would go and I’ve been talking to Chris Carter about it for a long time. I’ll keep banging the drum whenever I meet the Fox guys.

Apparently, Fox still holds the rights to any sequels, but as the last movie didn't do very well, they're ... reluctant, shall we say? I actually really enjoyed the film, and the main criticism of it ("it's not about the aliens, it's like a normal episode!") is exactly why I enjoyed it. So there!


Spotnitz was involved with the second series of Strike Back, which made me excited for a bit, and had me giggling when the two guys checked into a hotel under the names "Byers" and "Langly". He's currently promoting new UK spy series Hunted, which will be out in the autumn. And we're likely to see more of his work, as he now lives in London with his family, and he's excited about being this side of the pond too:

The talent and location here are thrilling. So many writers I speak to in the US are jealous of my opportunity here so I’m not in a hurry to leave.

We're happy to have you, sir! Please stick around and work your magic for as long as you want. And feel free to gimme a call if you want help developing that X-Files sequel in any way (except maybe financial - I only have a fiver on me). I can bring you tea or something. Or coffee. I know my way around massimo skinny caramel macchiatos made with the best espresso this side of Milan*, you know. Or do it without me, that works too. Just get it done.

Oh, and Fox? Instead of paying for that drivel you dare call "news", it pays well to keep geeks happy. Just look at how much money you made from that Firefly DVD box set, even though you cancelled the show before it had a chance to take off. There are still scores of X-Philes out there, too. Just sayin' ...

* Bonus coffee shop nerd points for everyone who can identify the three chains alluded to in that sentence!

Comments

  1. OMG!!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!

    Happy Easter Traxy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just watching x-Files again :) and I love this series :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mulder needs a psychiatrist, don't you think? RA would be perfect, wouldn't he? Spotnitz freaking OWES him for John Porter. *goes off humming, happily planning campaign materials*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was watching my box set before we moved to where we are now, and I think I got up to the beginning of series 7 or so. It's now been so long I should really start from the beginning again. ;) Although the first three or four series really felt like a chore, because I had seen it so much, but the rest ... well, I actually missed most of series 7 when it was shown on TV, because the channel changed the time and day it was on. So yeah, must set some time aside to catch up. Nearly 20 years since it started, and I still love it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV