Richard Armitage mad libs

Remember mad libs? Where all you get is a list where you're supposed to fill in a type of word specified and in the end, it puts those words into a story that's just ... well, mad. I found a place online where you could do them, and thought I'd try one about the Perfect Man. Here's how it turned out, with the words I put in highlighted ...

My "Dream Man" should, first of all be very beautiful and gaunt. He should have a physique like Richard Armitage, a profile like Toby Stephens, and the intelligence of a cat. He must be polite and must always remember to purr my cup, to tip his radiator and to take my nose when crossing the street. He should move darkly, have a yellow voice, and should always dress smugly. I would also like him to be a black dancer, and when we are alone he should whisper grand nothings into my mouth and hold my tall hazelnut. I know a biscuit is hard to find. In fact the only one I can think of is the Squeeze.

LOL! Truly inspired lunacy. Some of the things sound like very peculiar euphemisms, I mean "purr my cup" and "hold my tall hazelnut"? Sounds dodgy! Although I have to say the end had me say "awwww". Anyway, I'm now inspired to create a Richard Armitage themed mad lib, because it's April Fool's Day, and I'm not going to post any April Fool's pranks. :P

A quick guide to the types of words sought, to make it easier for those who doesn't have English as a first language, or who gets as confused about grammatic terms as I do:

  • A verb is something you do:
    Richard acts beautifully on the big screen.
  • An adverb modifies a verb, adding a description to how something is done. These normally end in -ly:
    Richard acts beautifully on the big screen. (He doesn't just act, he acts beautifully.)
  • An adjective is a word describing something, usually a noun. Can be a colour, size, shape or anything else:
    Richard acts beautifully on the big screen.
  • A noun is generally a thing of some sort or a person, but in this case, definitely a thing:
    Richard acts beautifully on the big screen.

The name of a character RA has played and body part(s) should be self-explanatory, I hope. :)

Mad:)Glibs - free online Mad Libs


A Richard Armitage mad lib for April Fool`s

VERB
ADVERB
ADJECTIVE
ADJECTIVE
BODY PART
VERB
ADJECTIVE
ADJECTIVE
ADJECTIVE
VERB
NAME OF RA CHARACTER
VERB
BODY PARTS (PLURAL)
NAME OF RA CHARACTER
ADVERB
NOUN
VERB
ADVERB
NOUN



Have fun. ;)

Comments

  1. There are so many reasons to beard Richard Armitage. First of all, he`s beard beard, and he has the most beard beard you could ever beard. Secondly, he`s a/an beard actor, and oh that VOICE! It`s so beard, beard and makes me all gooey inside. Every time I see him, I want to beard. He always plays such interesting characters too. My favourite is definitely Thornton, because as Thornton, he really gets to beard his beard and love that. My second favourite character is Thorin, whose beard beard is the best I`ve ever seen. What else can I beard? I beard Richard Armitage. He`s beard the best beard I have never met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Traxy is very hard to post comment on Your blog :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you mean? In what way? :/ You can email me if that's easier - blog@traxy.co.uk - or Facebook, and let me know what's wrong so I can see if it can be fixed?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Traxy, trying to think of verbs/adverbs/adjectives! Parsing part of brain not responding. Thinking, thinking....

    Jonia, he could out-beard any lion in its den. :D (Roarin' Thorin)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! That was great fun! I had trouble with my adverbs though so I won't post it.
    Thanks for the great April Fool's Day post. Feel free to do it again for any occasion! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. thinking about words to describe RA starts the fever all over again
    - it's a welcomed illness

    ReplyDelete
  7.  Let's hope there's no cure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have no idea whether I will or not. I struggled to come up with a text, but we'll see. Glad you liked it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV