Jane Eyre '11 on Friday - guest bloggers wanted!

Jane Eyre '11 premieres here in the UK on Friday 9 September. Leading up to that, I'm clearing the schedule for an all-out Jane Eyre week!

If you have something you'd like to contribute about Jane Eyre - be it The Book, derivative books or screen adaptations - between now and 10 September, feel free to get in touch, as I'm looking for guest bloggers for this event. Posts about Jane Eyre '11 in one way or another are preferable, seeing as how that's the film that's coming out, but I'm not picky. After all, it's the same great story regardless. :)

Please send in your post(s) by email to dishmastah (at) traxy (dot) net or by Facebook message to Traxy Thornfield. If you could included a brief summary of who you are and where you're from, that would be helpful. Doesn't have to be personal.

I'm planning to spend tomorrow camped out in Bakewell. We'll see how that turns out. Hopefully, in the week that follows, I'll have more to say about that than "spent the day in Bakewell and then went home again", but we'll see. Hoping to get that post about our North Lees Hall visit A YEAR AGO done at least ... heh.

But yeah, slightly less than a week to go now! Wooooohooo!

Comments

  1. I took mum to see it Saturday last week. She loved it. I was a tiny bit disappointed, but still enjoyed it :)

    MTA: Is it really having a premiere next week in the UK? It's been showing here for weeks... or am I misreading.

    Looking forward to hearing how it was at Haddon Hall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LitLover: Yay! :D

    mulubinba: I'm in two minds about it at the moment and am planning to go and see it again on Friday (when hubby's at work, as he wouldn't want to see it again - not so soon and not at a cinema anyway!) so I can make my mind up. There are some very good parts to it, and some very ... bad. :/ Yes, it opens on Friday in the UK. Australia had an earlier premiere, and the US started showing it back in MARCH. For Sweden, it's next week. Really strange timings. Haddon Hall report is coming up some time this week - just need to type, and transfer me pics to computer & upload to Flickr. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you were one of those who saw this at Haddon Hall on Sunday? Lucky you! I was there a month ago, but if I'd known about the "preview" I'd have rearranged my trip! (I live in Brighton, which is a bit of a distance.)
    Can't wait to read your review - lots of conflicting opinions on IMDb. Also look forward to seeing your photos of a truly wonderful place.
    Roll on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure was! :D Didn't get any tickets beforehand, but as it's only an hour from Nottingham (lucky that way, because Brighton ... yeah, that requires a lot of planning!), we decided to try our luck at the door. The couple we sat next to had tried entering every competition they could find and the actual main draw, and so had some of their friends, but none were lucky. In the end, they just went there just in case. Think everyone who showed up got in, actually, but I'm not 100%. As we were 6-7 in the queue, we got in when they said the first ten could come in. RESULT! :D

    I uploaded the pics to Flickr last night, so now I just need to type up the post. I'm in two minds about the film too, so I'm planning on re-watching it on Friday to see if I can make my mind up one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV