Amazing Gaze: Top 5 Brilliantly Breathtaking Blue Eyes

daisyn
My other favourite pair of blue eyes :)

(I know, it should be "pairs of eyes", but that doesn't sound as catchy as a title.)

There are some people whose gaze catches you and makes you stop and think "oh my word" and then you wonder how on earth it's even possible to have that particular shade. Tonight's installment will be blue eyes. Beautifully blue, brilliantly breathtaking blue. There are of course many a good-looking actor out there with blue eyes, but I'm interested in the ones where you look at them and can't help but notice their eye colour specifically. So without further ado, here's my top 5:

5. TJ Thyne

Look at that intense, blue gaze! How can you not be mesmerised by that? I got this suggestion through Twitter, and googling pictures of him (the name didn't ring a bell), I knew he had to be included.

4. Richard Armitage

I hear the blogosphere erupt in shock and dismay here, but sorry ladies, I'm going to put our dearest Richard Armitage here. "But he's only number FOUR!! Surely he should be number ONE!!" you cry, outraged, but the thing is, while I love the man and his beautiful eyes, it's not the eye colour itself that does it - it's more about the looks that come out of them. But I couldn't NOT include him on the list. ;)

3. Neal McDonough

Since I saw him in Tin Man, I couldn't help but marvel at this man's eyes. How intriguingly blue they are, in an icy sort of way, except without the ice. More like smouldering. There could be poetry written about this man's eyes. But still, I don't feel a poem coming on quite as strongly as when I see ...

2. Daniel Craig

That intense, piercing stare and that chiseled jawline. Oh there are reasons why the rebooted James Bond franchise is watchable, and a pair of them stare us right in the face here. Sky blue, blue like ocean waves, blue like ... oh well, you get the idea. Hubba hubba.

1. Dan Stevens

Yup, number one has got to be Dan Stevens. As soon as he comes on screen in Downton Abbey, all I can think of is "wow, those eyes are impossibly blue" and they have me nearly as mesmerised as brown eyes do, if they're just the right side of gorgeous. (Michelle Dockery, for instance, to take another Downton example, wow!) Spellbinding, to say the least. I can't even use poetic words here, because I just sit in awe and amazement and wonder why on earth I haven't watched Sense and Sensibility (2008) yet. These eyes are in that adaptation, I've heard, and he'll be in a cravat as well. Yum. Then there's the voice as well, but that's a whole different post altogether. One I shall have to sleep on, but rest assured two of the people on this list will be on it. ;)

Who are your top five picks for blue-eyed wonders?

Comments

  1. My best friend. :) His eyes are Daniel Craig blue, and paired with olive-tone skin and almost-black hair it's really quite impossible not to be entranced. As far as actors go, though, you seem to have pretty much summed it up. (Although the pictures can't quite do them justice, can they?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, daniel craigs eyes are goergous.

      Delete
  2. Don't forget Hugh Laurie! He's not my type at ALL, but dang, those eyes get me every time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul Newman in his heyday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrots: Aye. What would it be like to meet either of these fine pairs of eyes in real life? :)

    ifbyyes: I was thinking of him at one point trying to put together the list, but I think I either forgot him in the end or saw enough pictures to make me say "...nah."

    supergran/Nan: Thanks for the suggestions! :)

    Surprised no one's mentioned Frank Sinatra - after all, he was "Ol' Blue Eyes" ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV