Question of the week: Darcy or Thornton?

There's a reason for pitting these two men against each other. Essentially, because P&P and N&S are similar in many ways. Just because a lot of you are fans of Richard Armitage and thus biased toward Mr. Thornton... well, it doesn't mean everyone is! Or does it? Read And Find Out! :D


Okay, yeah, so I still haven't got over the fact that Darcy beat Rochester in the previous poll (14 vs 7). Y'all are just WRONG on that one. *sniff* :P No, really. Darcy might've been what got me into costume dramas, but Rochester and Thornton are what's keeping me hooked. And a bunch of others too, admittedly, but I need to get to bed and if I were to list them all, I'd be up all night!

Comments

  1. Before Thornton I would have said Darcy all the way, but now that I have experienced the TDHCMO give me Thornton or give me nothing at all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Richard Armitage contributed to what I'm going to say, but I also re-read both novels to decide if it was only because of his role in BBC N&S. And...no...it wasn't only for that reason. I analyzed the similarities and the differences between the two characters in detail and the differences won me. Mr Thornton is my favourite now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. I would have said Darcy all the way, but then I fell in love with Mr. Rochester and Darcy was knocked off the #1 spot. Then Thornton came along and while he is a bit of a mummy's boy (it has to be said), I still prefer him over Darcy. And once Darcy was knocked off the top spot, he's a lot easier to move down the ranks! Agnes Grey's Mr. Weston is wonderful... Emma's Mr. Knightley isn't shabby and - I really need to read more Jane Austen!

    phylly3: TDHCMO? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! Wasn't I just hoping you would ask that!
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/13029942/tdhcmo
    See the link for handmade jewellery inspired by Mr. Thornton!
    BTW it stands for Tall Dark Handsome Cotton Mill Owner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh those are pretty! Thanks for the link (and explanation)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darcy was but Thornton IS. unfortunately now i am unable to to get the same S' HIGH from any other period movie.

    (there should be a warning for this movie - HAS - highly addictive substance...help!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV