Jane Eyre audiobook - second attempt

Okay, because I've recently downloaded an audiobook (Villette by Charlotte Brontë) from LibriVox - and signed up to volunteer at the same site - I decided to try out the recording facilities of Arthur (my laptop - considerably newer than Marvin, my desktop, on which I made my last attempt - which didn't have very good sound quality and the reading was pants too). And boy, they are AWESOME! Windows 7 have better microphone settings (proper gain!) and this computer seems to have a decent onboard soundcard too. And the audio editing software recommended by LibriVox - open source project Audacity - has a good noise reduction tool. It makes my voice sound a bit warbly sometimes, but not a lot. I can live with it.

So here we go, a second attempt. This time, I've at least tried to not talk quite as quickly. But umm, still a bit quick maybe? Can't help it. I'll try to slow down in chapter two...

Go to listen/download the first chapter from Jellycast!

The whole Jane Eyre audiobook can be found at Jellycast: Jane Eyre Audiobook by Traxy

Comments

  1. Traxy! I love listening to your voice! This is great! Are you going to post the whole novel here? Because I would love to hear it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Phylly! :) I was planning on putting it all out, but we'll see - depending on time and all, but hopefully!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV