Vexed - and Toby Stephens interviewed about it


Ahh, Toby Stephens back on the screen! I've also seen two interviews with him about Vexed, which premiered on the BBC earlier tonight.

For instance, in the Daily Post North Wales, he says: "I don’t want to do the same thing over and over again. Vexed was a great opportunity for me to do something different and if the fans of Rochester don’t like it, they can tune out after 10 minutes." Which sounds a bit wrong taken out of context, admittedly, but read the original and it'll make sense. :)

According to the Sunday Express, he really enjoyed playing the role.

So how was it? Fab! Toby Stephens was a hoot - especially enjoyed his pleading with the murderer toward the end, where the murderer said "see you on the other side" and he pointed out that what if there is no other side? Made me laugh out loud. Oh yes, and at the time, he was only in his underwear, might be worth pointing out. Hellooooooooooooo nurse! Before that, he was wearing a dark green top which was not just of a gorgeous colour and became him very well, it also reminded me of Rochester's coat of a similar colour. MAN can he carry off dark green!

The script was fairly funny, the banter between the two main characters amusing. It wasn't the greatest production ever, but it was fun to watch and I'm looking forward to next week. Here's a clip which hopefully isn't country-restricted.

Comments

  1. This DOES look fab! I hope I'll get to see it on Public television at some point soon! (or on BBC Canada)!
    I love the title too! It sounds like there will be some romantic friction between the main characters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you get it! :D I'm kind of thinking there should be some romantic friction between the two, but so far, it hasn't really been. Possibly because the woman is actually married, and as the first episode is her suspecting her husband has an affair and getting very upset about it - it doesn't sound like she'd be the first to try and snog her police partner. Oh well. We'll see how it pans out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV