Happy birthday to Squeee!


Holy moly, it's been a year already! Or rather, it's been three. I can't believe I've managed to post regularly on a blog for three years now. Uh-MAY-zing! :) Thank you for reading this blog, and thank you for leaving a comment now and then, if you do. (Lurking is fine, not like I don't do that myself!)

I started this blog to have an outlet for all my pent-up fangirliness, and I think I've succeeded in that. Now, I just like to have reviews of films I've seen so that I pay more attention to what's happening. Writing them down also means I remember whether or not I've seen or read something, and maybe, just maybe, it will be useful to anyone out there who loves to watch films just to be entertained and is wondering whether to watch the latest Twilight flick or Tropic Thunder. Or a Jane Eyre adaptation.

Things to look forward to for the rest of 2012: The first part of The Hobbit - which is now a trilogy. Not sure I like that or not yet, considering I struggled to understand why they had split that measly book into two films. Oh well. It's still going to be a few months away, so let's reserve judgement until December.

Anyway, hope you enjoy my often incoherent mumblings about films and books and things, and if you don't ... well, you probably won't read this, so it doesn't matter anyway!

Thanks once again, Dear Reader, you are awesome! :)

Comments

  1. Three years! Well done!!! Your reviews are not incoherent - they're funny, well organised and just good. (Like the rating system.)

    fitzg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy blogiversary! Three years is forever in bloglandia. I hope you are still enjoying it; that's the main thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's true, three years is a long time, at least for a blog. Sometimes I think "ugh" at writing, especially when I see the list of films I've seen but not yet written about, but then I shrug and tell myself to get over it, because I do enjoy it. If I didn't have a blog, I'd just be watching loads of films for the hell of it ... which isn't a bad thing, it's just that now at least I can justify it by saying "but I'm going to review it on my blog!" ;)

      Delete
    2. yeah, I use it as therapy, so sometimes when I think, "not tonight," that will motivate me. And I love the writing part of it once I get going.

      Delete
  3. Happy blog anniversary Traxy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy bloggiversary to you, Traxy.
    Please excuse that I am coming in to congRAtulate so late, but this time with KRA I am totally going under.
    I hope you had a lovely anniversary cake and wonderful celebrations !!! The cake on the picture looks delicious and I hope you got some ;o)
    (P.S.: I just have problems posting with one of my ID#s here, so I comment as anonymous, but it's me, CDoart ;o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CDoart! It's only four days after the fact - I'm normally a lot slower, so don't worry about it. :) Good luck with the KRA week!

      Delete
  5. happy ABBday (Anniversary of your Blog's Birthday) thanks to 'guyls' like you there is a haven for those of us with "pent ups" and creative "incoherent mumblings"
    hope your day gave you as big a bang as you have given to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind. ♥ (Okay, well, not TOO kind (I mean hello, not complaining here!), but indeed VERY kind, in the sort of way that makes me happy. *hugs*)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV