Spotlight Squee: JK Rowling

And the second person to be praised in this series is JK Rowling, seeing as it's her birthday today. Happy birthday, Jo! :)

Who is this person?
She's the author of the Harry Potter books. If you don't know who Harry Potter is yet, you have probably lived as a hermit under ground the past decade or so.

How did I find this person?
We got to read a thing with some text excerpts in Swedish class in school, as we were having a big test and were to write something about one of the texts in that brochure or whatever you want to call it. I had heard of HP before, but never read any, and there was an excerpt from the first book, HP at King's Cross. I was instantly taken in by the story and wanted to read more, so I asked a school friend (who had the books) if I could borrow them... and I could, so I quickly devoured the first three and absolutely loved them.


How long ago was this?
Spring of 2001.

So what's the deal?
The stories are perfectly bubbly and full of enthusiasm for the writing craft. The stories are full of things to tickle your imagination, and there are plenty of characters, places and situations to love. Who can read the books without wishing they could go to Hogwarts too? I think that's a pretty good accomplishment.

I admire JK Rowling because she had a passion. She had nothing in regards to money and things like that, but she had a passion for writing, and she got down to the dirty business of putting down the story on paper and then kept going until someone was found who believed in taking a chance on Harry Potter and actually publish it. I can but hope one of my literary ideas will be picked up someday, and to have even a fraction of the success she's had would make me a very happy girl indeed. I just find her story very inspirational.

If I met this person IRL I'd...
...Thank her for her wonderful stories, that have given me so much pleasure to read, and have brought me so many new friends.

Obsession rating:
With JK Rowling, it's quite low. With Harry Potter, it's very high.

Linkage:
JK Rowling's Official Website
Wikipedia: JK Rowling
HP-Lexicon
Mugglenet
Rollspelet Svenska Hogwarts
Hoggypedia
Rollspelsföreningen Kvastskaft

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV