A bottle of Boxleitner, please!

When I was growing up and TV was showing re-runs of How the West Was Won, my sisters would swoon over Luke Macahan. I'm not sure I quite agreed with them, because by the time I was about 9, I already preferred MacGyver over Brendan Walsh, and besides, the only Western thing I ever really got into was the Lucky Luke comic books.

Some years later, I happened upon Babylon 5. To my surprise, handsome starship captain John Sheridan was in fact Luke Macahan, 15 years later! Now what is it they say about fine wine? They get better with age. If so, is he a red, a white or a rosé? Save me a crate of each just to make sure!



IMDb tells me he was about 29 when he played Luke and mid- to late 40s as Sheridan. The whole uniform thing probably played a part as well, because handsome men in uniforms... squee! Last thing I saw him in was probably Heroes, and I really don't object to seeing him there again, because even though he'll be 60 next year, he's still one heck of a handsome fellow. Ooh, yes, and of course he's married to Laura Ingalls from Little House on the Prairie (squee!) - the 14 years younger (squee!) Melissa Gilbert.

Verdict: Full-bodied and deliciously oak matured.

Cheers!

Comments

  1. Ok...this post was one of the recommended "You might also like" links on the Smurfs post...and I HAD to comment because I've been watching seasons 1 & 2 of The Scarecrow and Mrs. King and I LOVE BB in that show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah, when a post is new, it takes a while for LinkWithin to index it properly, so instead, it shows a bunch of REALLY random links (as opposed to links about similar topics). :) Haven't seen (or heard of) The Scarecrow or Mrs. King, but I trust your judgement, and if I come across them on telly, I'll make sure to give 'em a watch. Thanks for the tip! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV