Today is International Magic Day!


Saturday, 31 July 2010! Not just the birthday of Harry Potter and his creator, JK Rowling, but also the date of the first International Magic Day!

The aim is to dress up as witches and wizards (or witches/wizards trying to blend into muggle society) for the day, and celebrate everything magic! Dress up, take a picture and share it. :)

You are hereby cordially invited to participate (and invite other muggles and magic folk alike).

An essential part of the gear for a witch or wizard is of course a wand. Might I introduce my choice of handycraft? Wandmaking! (Well, if you're a Harry Potter nerd with a penchant for Paganism and enjoyed whittling sticks as a child, it was bound to happen sooner or later!) Have a look at the collection at http://www.handcrafted-wands.co.uk - more are added as they are finished. :) And when my camera doesn't run out of batteries, which is the current problem!

Comments

  1. Happy Magic Day to you too! Nice post! (Love Harry Potter).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I dressed up in a white shirt, black skirt and donned my Ravenclaw tie and had a dark blue ribbon in my hair. Didn't go out and about much today, but still. I did dress up like a witch! :D Hopefully we can get more participants next year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! All comments are read (usually within 24 hours) and responded to whenever I can, but not necessarily straight away. Spam comments stop in the moderation queue. Be as snarky as you like, but I give as good as I get, and you probably need a hug. Cheerio! :)

Popular posts from this blog

You know you're a Richard Armitage fan when ...

The Quest to read everything Jane Eyre

Richard Armitage will never be himself on TV